I hate it when things feel/become one-sided. For example, with certain people, I feel like I always have to initiate contact first, even if it's as simple as sending texts to them. Up to that point things are okay ... but when it takes someone forever to reply to my texts (or don't ever reply at all), it just makes me wonder if I'm a nuisance to them - like "Oh, Liz texted me, it's probably nothing important so I'll just never text her back". It especially irks me when said people claim that we're close.. I just don't see how hard it is to send a quick reply. Most people should probably know by now that I don't really like phone calls .. I'd prefer to either text/skype or talk in person. But like, that's not the only instance where I get annoyed/upset at one-sided aspects of a relationship.
I also hate when I'm with someone I don't see too often, and instead of paying attention to us, they're just on their phone the whole time, either texting or playing games. Can't you just put your phone down for a minute? I get that you need to talk to people and stuff, but just give it a break? I mean, I'd understand with people like Paul, because I see him every day and obviously I'm used to him and his phone habits, but for people that I meet once in a while, this gets really annoying because you're just putting it out there that, no, I'm not worth your time.
To be honest, it's just mainly the close-people-taking-forever-to-reply thing that gets to me. Because I want to have a conversation, but they're just not replying .. so .. what do I do ? Am I just over-thinking this, or what? It's not even like I'm complaining about the space of 5 minutes. Think more between the lines of 2 hours to a day. So my text convos will be like this:
Me: *texts at 8pm*
Them: *texts back the next day*
Me: *responds as soon as they reply, because I have my phone on me 24/7*
Them: *doesn't text back for another 3 or 4 hours*
It gets tiring, thinking about why people just don't respond to my texts. Maybe everyone's just busy, and I should get busy with my life too. *sigh*
*shuts down emotional brain*
*full power study brain*
end rant
No comments:
Post a Comment