Sunday, April 8, 2012

I'm all set to go!

For the past 5 or so years, when people asked me "How do you picture yourself 10 years from now?" I could never form a decent response. Every time I tried to imagine my future self however many years into the future, I struggled to imagine where my life would be headed. I would constantly think of my friends and think to myself "Yeah, she'll definitely end up a doctor .. Hey, I can see him in court as a lawyer! Oh, and he would definitely shine as a dentist." Yet I struggled to even imagine myself in any form of uniform, whether it be a doctor's lab coat or a business woman's attire. Everything has changed now.

Currently, I have a clear sense of what I want to be spending the rest of my life doing, and I know that I'm going to be good at my job - why? Firstly, because I love my course (Bachelor or Oral Health in Dental Technology) and second, I'm the kind of person who develops the desire to become good at whatever it is I decide to begin. Even with working at McDonald's, I've only managed to last this long because I'm good at my job. If I wasn't, there was no way I could have stuck around that shithole for this long. For the first time in 5 years my life is finally back on track. It's far from the life of neurosurgery that I once dreamed of in grade 9, but I'm content with where I am now and where I will be in another 5 years.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so very happy for you! It's so wonderful to actually love your what your studying/job. Good luck <3

    ReplyDelete