Sunday, October 16, 2011

Drinks


D R I N K S

It's fun, everyone does it, and most know the consequences they will face from consuming it. But what actually happens in the minds of those while they're swallowing it down, one shot after the other? It's a (almost) universal fact which is taken for granted that everyone should become more honest after drinking. In fact, if you don't, you probably just haven't had enough to drink. I've always considered this to be one of the positive effects of drinking, but I recently witnessed just how wrong I was. Sometimes it's better to be the outsider - watching from the sidelines, but not actually being a part of the action. This way, you can laugh and pay out the one that was drunk enough to say or do something stupid the morning after. I don't think I've had an experience that I could share about myself when I was brutally honest about something while I was drunk without meaning to be. But when I do, I hope it doesn't consist of me just hanging off the guy I like for the entire night. When they don't even know it. I mean, I *sort of* have done that, but just not on a guy I like (lol I don't know if that makes it better or worse ==")

Back to the topic. Drinks. I love drinking ♡ Maybe not as much as rollercoaster rides, hugs and money, but I would still choose drinks over Pooh Bear. I don't know how much that means to anyone else, but to me it says a lot. And I'm not just referring to alcoholic drinks - I like fruity drinks, teas, soy milk, you name it. I could confidently say that my favourite food is fruit, but I don't think I could name one specific drink that I preferred over the rest. Or maybe it would just be alcohol > non-alcoholic drinks. And dnm's are always more interesting after everyone's a bit tipsy. But with a huge group, it doesn't really happen often.

The morning after. Ohhhhhh shit. That sick feeling you get in your stomach, that lingering smell in the air, that stench in your own mouth which is there regardless of whether you brushed your teeth or not. The mess that's left at every cranny and nook in the rooms. Everything you see and smell makes you want to scream and run away. But generally the night before was worth it, thank god.

I picture my ideal 18th birthday, which is actually just around the corner, being on the floor or couch of some apartment in Surfers with only close friends and drinks at the table. At my party, there would be enough drinks to get everyone tipsy, and not just a minority of the group. Then, we would play a few games if people wanted. Have some fun, take photos and enjoy a portion of the night doing whatever we wanted. Later in the night, we would all sit in a circle and talk. Talk deep, gossip, make whatever confessions we wanted to anyone we wanted, and just talk. Talk talk talk. And although I've made a lot of new friends this year, I really would not want the majority of them to be there. There are even many friends who I've known for a long time who I would really not like for there to be at my party. Ideally there are about 10 people that I would like to invite, but I'm worried about how I could tell people "Oh yeah, I'm having a party but you're just not invited to it" when they ask me. I guess I'll figure that out later. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment