That feeling of your heart drumming against your rib cage so hard that you think that it might just have enough energy to break right through. That feeling of the wind kissing your hair as it tries to escape from the miniscule space in which you are trapped in. That feeling of knowing you are free from the confinement of your home; the watchful eyes of your parents. That is exactly what I felt as I left home at 7pm without so much as a "goodbye" to my parents who were surprised to see me wearing non-pyjamas, running towards the front door as a gentleman awaited my presence on the side of our lawn. It was the feeling I got as Hayden raced through each road, going as fast as 130kph, taking me away from the place that I least wanted to be - home. I love the nightlife; the city. I love seeing the deserted beach, the waves just rolling in, each consecutive wave trying to overtake the one before it. I love observing the lame Korean magician who has such fobby English that even I have trouble deciphering each of his words. I love pocketing three pool balls in a row, and then failing at my attempts to even hit the same coloured ball for the next five turns. I just love being away. Oh, the freedom. I suppose if I were to pinpoint any 'negative' part of the night, it would be that it wasn't spent with the right man. But still, you wouldn't believe how wonderful, comforting and just relaxing it is to spend [part of] the night out with someone who isn't bitchy, isn't overly emotional, and is just 100% friends with you. No awkwardness, no need to impress the other person, just good company. Dang I can't wait to move out of home, or get a car..
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Need for Speed
That feeling of your heart drumming against your rib cage so hard that you think that it might just have enough energy to break right through. That feeling of the wind kissing your hair as it tries to escape from the miniscule space in which you are trapped in. That feeling of knowing you are free from the confinement of your home; the watchful eyes of your parents. That is exactly what I felt as I left home at 7pm without so much as a "goodbye" to my parents who were surprised to see me wearing non-pyjamas, running towards the front door as a gentleman awaited my presence on the side of our lawn. It was the feeling I got as Hayden raced through each road, going as fast as 130kph, taking me away from the place that I least wanted to be - home. I love the nightlife; the city. I love seeing the deserted beach, the waves just rolling in, each consecutive wave trying to overtake the one before it. I love observing the lame Korean magician who has such fobby English that even I have trouble deciphering each of his words. I love pocketing three pool balls in a row, and then failing at my attempts to even hit the same coloured ball for the next five turns. I just love being away. Oh, the freedom. I suppose if I were to pinpoint any 'negative' part of the night, it would be that it wasn't spent with the right man. But still, you wouldn't believe how wonderful, comforting and just relaxing it is to spend [part of] the night out with someone who isn't bitchy, isn't overly emotional, and is just 100% friends with you. No awkwardness, no need to impress the other person, just good company. Dang I can't wait to move out of home, or get a car..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

wow that feeling of speed was exactly how i was enjoying... before i got a 200 dollar fine that is :0...
ReplyDeletehmmmm... 130 isn't exactly that fast =3=;; i went 130 with my van with a trailer from uluru (everyone was sleeping of course ^^;;). but i guess u cant find long long roads around here much.
ReplyDeletei hate the feeling you get afterwards though... everything is just too slow... like after 130, even 100 seems too slow... and the speed limit was 60 @.@;;
wait till we get an actual racing car + long road of nothingness.
ReplyDeleteive heard a guy (the rich guy from some time back) who went 260 with mazda mx-5 back in the days... but he got stopped by a helicopter ^^;;
he said u can speed to about 160 in some areas going to cairns aswell so that might be gud ^^
@Tomi: Yeah but when you ever only ride in cars with parents who think that 110kph is an extremely fast speed and always keep to the speed limit no matter what, it's definitely a nice escape. =]
ReplyDelete