Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thunder

 
What do you think of when it begins to thunder? I, for one, love the boom of thunder. But that wasn't always the case. Until about the age of 8 I was absolutely terrified of thunder, and so whenever my mum sat on the ground with her back leaning against the sofa, I'd crawl into the small hole that was made between her back and sofa, thinking that would protect me from anything the thunder could possibly throw at me. Then one day, my older sister told me that the rain was the angels' tears falling from heaven, while the thunder was just the sounds of the angels playing the drums. She doesn't recall ever telling me that, but I remember clearly. I don't think I was ever given an explanation for the lightning which preceded the thunder, but I wasn't ever bothered by it I suppose. Somehow, thunder - which was something I greatly feared - became something which would soothe my mind and comfort me when I became angry or upset.

Sometimes I still get scared. Not of thunder, but of other things I was afraid of since I was young. Hopefully one day I'll overcome all of my fears so that I can live confidently on my own without having to rely on others all the time.

1 comment:

  1. I like the sound of thunder too ^^ how should I say it, it sounds... freshening??? idk

    but if I were to think about thunder, I'll think of KFC ^^;; I remember that our house had a electricity cut from a huge storm so we went to eat KFC.

    ReplyDelete