Sunday, August 29, 2010

Jack Johnson - Better Together

Do you ever get the feeling of butterflies in your stomach? No, it's more than them just being in there. It's almost as if they're tickling your insides, testing to see if you can feel them laughing. I don't know if my explanation really conveys what I've been feeling so much of lately. The "butterflies" usually make me feel one of two ways; they can make me feel like I'm so afraid, as if I'm witnessing myself the moment before a car contacts my body and I'm about to explode into nothingness - that's the bad kind. The feeling that I've been experiencing so much these days is more like the thrill you get when you're next in line to go on the scariest rollercoaster ride you know. You're so happy that you made it there, but you're feeling a mixture of freight, joy and anticipation of what's to come once you're on the actual ride. Lately, getting this feeling is as common as the number of the times I smile at someone, but it feels new and unfamiliar everytime. I'm glad it exists. I'm glad that you exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment