Life is good... :
14. When you can sleep in.
Gosh, I never used to understand why that was so great.. I only began to realize perhaps last year the significance of being able to sleep past 9am. Now if the opportunity arises to sleep in past even just 8 o'clock I definitely won't let it pass for anything.
15. When mum cooks the food that I've been craving.
16. When you have friends who own cars, and can drive you around.
17. When you find bargains on the items that you need to buy.
18. When you don't have to worry about trying to impress someone.
Life can be so tiring when all you're trying to do is impress others, instead of living for yourself. Despite always saying "there's no one to impress" to others and to myself, I know that deep inside, that's basically what drives me on a lot of the time. Sure, I'm a hypocrite. Sometimes I believe it when I tell myself that there's no one to look good for.. which is when I decide to wear pyjamas to the shops, or do other stupid stuff. But generally... well I don't know if you'd call it trying to impress others, but I do try to make myself fit in to other peoples' standards. It just makes life easier and happier and as long as we're all happy, that's all that matters right..? Maybe that's why there's so few people I dislike - and if I do dislike someone, it's either because a) They've done something terrible to me not worth forgiving or b) I've been influenced by the people close to me to somewhat dislike other people. This is like the instance with K**n. Back in year 10, I never really spoke with him and he didn't do anything to me. But people in our group strongly disliked him, and Rossie and I never really understood this. Even to this day, I remember one break time where we (yes, the asian group) were all sitting in a circle at break time. K**n wanted to join us, but people said to block the circle so he couldn't join. I tried to make room for him because he was sitting beside/behind me, but as I did that, although I don't remember details I do remember getting the feeling that the rest of the group was disappointed in my actions. Hmm in instances like these where the whole situation is really staring me in the face.. I guess it's where I do think for myself for once and ignore what other people think or believe.
19. When you can reach those really high notes while singing a song that you usually can't reach.
20. When you receive pay rises at work.
Seriously. It is one of the best things that can happen throughout the year. No kidding.
Hmm so on with other blog content. Does anyone believe in "forever"? Do you really think that something could be ever-lasting? I don't know if I was ever a believer of such things.. I suppose this arose from my insecure childhood. Eventually even memories will fade and they will collapse with you when you fall from life. Love? Love... interesting. People would like to believe that love lasts forever, over several different lifetimes if you believe in reincarnation, and if you don't then over eternity in heaven if you believe in some religion. If you don't believe in any kind of religion then I think it would be difficult to believe that something could last forever. Even love. You know, they say that the beauty of first love is the belief that it will last forever, and I can honestly say that this is true. No, not your first girlfriend/boyfriend, crush or one night stand; I mean your "first love". I think everyone could agree with me on at least this one point, even if you disagree with every other thing that I've written about (unless you've never been "in love"). Now, once you've passed that phase.. well, it seems that many people decide to keep falling for the trap and I'm sure you would once you found another person to move on with. I haven't quite gone back to that "love lasts forever" belief, but I hope to one day. Even if I have to go through several partners and I get hurt in the process, it's okay.. because I would really like to believe that love can last forever. Well, for now I don't mind staying the way I am - because I'm still young and there's a lot more time to have fun before even thinking about 'settling down' with someone forever. Still, it's a nice thought...
No comments:
Post a Comment