Monday, May 24, 2010

An intimate moment with Liz's mind

I have got to say that I think I am one of the most frequent bloggers of all the people I know that blog. And yet when someone tells me a comment about my blog in person, I get surprised that there are people that read them - despite the fact that occasionally someone will comment on them online. And at the same time, I'm surprised that there are still people very close to me who don't even know about it. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I'm just surprised.

So as some people may or may not have realized.. I kind of write randomly about what's on my mind at the moment and don't plan these things ahead of time. Did I write about that in my previous entry? I don't even remember..

What do you think of one-sided relationships? Friendships, love... any kind. Are you in one at the moment? The most depressing and obvious downside of being in one is that you don't get the same kind of appreciation for your feelings in return from the other person. I used to sometimes get confused in my friendships, wondering whether they were sometimes one-sided. Well, at those times I used to hint at it - and sometimes said it to their face. "Do you care about me?" - what an insecure question. Its quite pathetic, really.. And I guess the other person/people never really knew that I thought that way.

I think.. that if you're someone who really cares about your relationships then it would really (truly) break you to be asked "Do you really love me?" This is kind of breaking away from the friend-relationships, but in a lover's relationship they might bring up factors such as your age; "We're both young, but you're even younger. How can you be sure that this is love?" Well, asides from it hurting to be doubted in your emotions and thoughts, it's also really tiring to be asked those kinds of questions. Back to friends... I guess that makes me a hypocrite? haha.. But I'm not that bad, really~ Ironically, I only ever get insecure about relationships with the people I love most, which encompasses a wide group of people xD Well I guess that makes sense, because you wouldn't really think about people who aren't close to you right? Is it weird that I think about myself and my friends and my relationships with people and my circumstances 90% throughout the day?

Maybe I think about these things too much =___=;; Well.. as a friend.. regardless of whether you tell me that you need me or not, I want to be there for you.

Here's a nice quote to end my blog by an unknown author:

"A stranger stabs you in the front; a friend stabs you in the back; a boyfriend stabs you in the heart, but best friends only poke each other with straws. "

1 comment:

  1. i don't get the quote, care to explain?

    - best friend

    ReplyDelete