"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them."
Now that holidays have come around, I have slightly more time than I did during last semester. I still spend two to four days a week working, but I spend most of my other spare time at home doing pretty much nothing. That's why I've decided to begin reading again, and what better way to start my read-a-thon with the Harry Potter series!!
I borrowed out 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone' about a week ago, and only got around to reading it today. Wow, I thought that every book in the series was massive, but it only took me around 3.5-4 hours to read the first book. I honestly cannot believe it was first published in 1997. I was just 4 when the first novel was released! Time really has flown quickly.
I might skip 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets' simply because I've watched the movie (on video) at least a hundred times since it was one of the very few movies I owned as a child.
I haven't been able to borrow out the third book quite yet, but I do have a few other books lined up to read over the next few days, which I'll have to pick up from the library tomorrow after work.
Oh, and I also read the first novel in the 'Obernewtyn' series. It was definitely interesting, but I get the feeling it was written for kids. Anyhow since I enjoyed it I'll try to get my hands on the next book of the series.
Here's my reading list for the remainder of the holidays:
- '1Q84' - Haruki Murakami
- 'Heart of the Matter' - Emily Griffin
- 'Misery Loves Cabernet' - Kim Gruenenfelder
- 'The Gargoyle' - Andrew Davidson
- 'The secret dreamworld of a shopaholic' - Sophie Kinsella
- 'I've got your number' - Sophie Kinsella
- 'Twenties' - Sophie Kinsella
- 'Harry Potter' series - J.K. Rowling
- 'Obernewtyn' series - Isobelle Carmody
Omg I wanna read "1Q84" too! But I haven't actually read since finishing high school. Enjoy reading :) I need to find something to stimulate my brain
ReplyDeleteI have the whole hp series if you want to borrow ^^
ReplyDelete