Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Understand me

I've always been a curious person, and I find myself wanting to understand people to the greatest extent possible. I want to understand others, and I want them to understand me - that just seems like the right way for things to work. If I think I've figured someone out, I'm probably just prejudicing them to my own assumptions about them.

The understanding part though - it's how people are initially attracted to each other though, isn't? - You find someone you want to know better, and you want them to try to understand you better too; from that, you can become friends, lovers or just strangers once more.

This. This is what's had me in knots for the past few weeks. I've been trying to understand someone better recently, and I do think I sort of know what kind of person they are now .. What frustrates me is that it doesn't seem to be reciprocated; as in, they don't seem to really want to know what kind of person I am. So does that make us friends, when it seems kind of one sided? I know that they value me as a friend, but they don't want to know much about me ... It strikes me as odd, and it goes against what I think is normal.

Why are relationships so hard? Friends, family, acquaintances .... they're all so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment