Thursday, January 6, 2011

First vs Last

I was browsing facebook, and randomly came across a page which had numerous differed little phrases, quotes and sayings. One of them went like this:

I will never be your first kiss. I will never be your first love. I'm not your first valentine, first fight, first teddy bear, or first date. I'm not in this to be your first anything...I just want to be your last.

I think it's nice to be someone's first though. Well, when you've given you first everything (anything?) to someone, then you would hope (and maybe even believe) to be their last as well. Your 'first love' will always be remembered in every detail, while you may forget all the in-betweens. I suppose it's because you're naive in the beginning - you think it's just going to be one smooth, long ride. Then comes the jealousy, the worry and the misunderstandings. This leads to arguments - and this is where you've really got to be careful in choosing whether it's worth it to keep arguing your point, or trying to understand your significant other. Well, I suppose this is something I'd like to experience. Arguments can be healthy in a long relationship, for the obvious reasons of bottling up emotions not being good. In the end though, the two of you need to reach a compromise and understand each other. Sometimes it'll work out, and other times you'll just need to move on with life and learn that there are better people for you out there.

Hmm , back to what I first began with ..

Screw it, I choose to abandon that topic. It's a quote that we'd all like to use on every one of our partners, and just hope for each them to be our last (even though, realistically, it's unlikely to come true for boy/girlfriends we make at this age).

IB results are released in exactly 6 hours and 55 minutes. Fk I'm nervous for them.

Ahhhhh I really can't think of anything to write about ...

Sorry, I'll write a more interesting post next time .. tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment