I've decided. I'm going to study neurosciences at Princeton University. Well, that's what I'm aiming for. I thought one of my biggest problems would be finances, but according to their website, they are a need blind school, and offer full-need financial service, even to international students. So I guess that's out of the way. I wasn't sure what I wanted to study.. In fact I was even starting to get worried, because I didn't see anything when I thought of my future. It just looked empty. I just went out everyday and played and didn't work at all. But then I began to face reality, and I decided to stick to my dream of 2 years [back in grades 7-8] of becoming a neurologist. In fact, if a friend of mine hadn't told me that I was required to perform surgery then I probably wouldn't have been so turned off by the idea of studying mental disorders and diagnosing patients with neural infections and so on. I'm still not quite sure whether I will be required to perform surgery in the future or not. Hopefully not, but I guess life's life and in the end it's just a job. Sure it's a person's life in my hands but.. if I study hard enough it shouldn't be a problem. Right? Right.
It took a while finding a university that I liked. I first went here to see the Top 100 Universities around the world. Harvard and Yale were the top two - that's to be expected. But I don't really want to go to Harvard [as crazy as that sounds.. who DOESN'T want to go?] but it seems as if the pressure to do well would be a bit much, and I don't know.. There's just SOMETHING about Harvard University. So I went through the list, visiting probably half of the universities listed there. I was most interested in housing and financial aid. Because really, all the rest will be the same everywhere - courses and so on. Yonsei seems like a really university, but it's in Korea.. and I'm not so sure whether I want to go to Korea for university. Sure, I'd like to visit, but what if the courses were in Korean? I wouldn't understand a thing. I visited the sites of ANU, Duke, John Hopkins, Cambridge.. You name it. I've been there [most probably].
I'm so happy because now I have something to work towards. I'm not just doing IB because I felt like it. I'm doing it with purpose, and I've decided to start working really hard towards my goal. Okay well I haven't done much so far.. In fact I'm pretty behind in all my school work. But I'll catch up.
Speaking of school, I took at IQ test today. An online one. I know they're not accurate, but I tried this one: www.iqtest.dk and I got a score of 135. I think that's pretty damn good. But as they always say, online IQ tests aren't accurate. Well, I think it's time that I start working towards my future!!!! PRINCETON, HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment