Thursday, June 6, 2013

Is this a troll, or did I actually get hit on Oo"

So the other day, I had a weird sort of experience. I was studying at SLQ when I decided to take a lunch break. Holding the bread I had bought in the morning, I went to level 1 and sat in one of the standalone booths that are situated just outside the building...

Me: *munching on bread while going through facebook*
~ white male stranger with bloodshot eyes walks up to me ~
Stranger: What do you think of my pants?
Me: Umm .. they're okay. *goes back to eating*
Stranger: *sits opposite me in booth* What's your name?
Me: Liz..?
Stranger: That cake looks nice. Can I have some?
Me: No.
Stranger: Can I teach you english?
Me: My english is fine.
~ stranger asks all sorts of personal questions which I try to avoid answering ~
Stranger: Are you texting your boyfriend?
Me: No ..
Stranger: Oh, well I think you're attractive.
Me: Thanks?
Stranger: Can I be your boyfriend?
Me: No.
Stranger: Why not?
Me: I don't know you?
Stranger: Well, you're really attractive.
Me: Thanks. *tries eating bread as fast as possible* Aren't you going to the library?
Stranger: I was, but then I saw you.
Me: *finishes eating* I'm going to go now. Bye.
Stranger: Bye! Hope to see you around.

The whole time, I was absolutely creeping out. Maybe if this guy didn't seem so seedy, or had bloodshot eyes, or didn't talk like a creep, or didn't look at me with that "I'm in love" look, this interaction might have been fractionally better. But this was just creepy to the max. Thank god he stayed on level 1 instead of following me up to 3, because if he did, I probably would have been forced to come straight home. Btw I have no idea if this guy was legit, but I hope to god that I never see him again.

1 comment: