Monday, December 31, 2012

My final reflection of 2012


On 31/12/11, I remember wishing for 2012 to be a fucking amazing year compared to 2011, because 2011 was just so boring. Now, on 31/12/12, I can truly say that it has been a magical year in comparison (although when I just look over my year overall, it was just average). Thank god, because I couldn't have survived 2012 if it was anything like the past two years.

I've only really had a handful of amazing days this year; days that really made me stop and think, "Wow, I think I have really lived today to its fullest, and I couldn't be happier than I am right now". Quite honestly, most of those days occurred while in Korea, and aside from those, there was only really one day this year that made me thankful for the fact that I am alive; and that was the day my best friend and I just watched a movie, then walked and walked for literally hours nonstop (I think it was 6 .. or maybe 8 hours?). We didn't do much, but the whole day just felt right. I guess I was just happy to freely be me, without having to worry about who might be judging me, or time constraints that I had to keep to, or plans that I had to follow. No, it was just an impulsive free day, and it was amazing.

I don't really have new years resolutions for 2013. I figured they're pointless; you make them, you remind yourself of them for maybe the first week into the year, and then they're forgotten. I've decided that instead, I'm just going to try to enjoy life. This year, I just want a few breath-taking, mind-blowing extraordinary days. Just. Three. That's not too much to ask for, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment