I am one of the world's worst organizers. It's mostly because I get excited about an event, only to be put off by it in the end from having to chase up everyone's response to it, and to make sure that things are planned well. I suck at planning. If I actually planned things out well, I would have gotten a good IB score, I'd have at least $20000 in my bank account and it would mean that I wouldn't be afraid to make decisions for myself (let alone others).
Planning events or just general outings with friends is one of the most stressful things I have had to do. I don't think a single event that I have planned has actually turned out the way I expected it to. At almost every event that I have planned, at least a few people end up dropping out of it unexpectedly. Usually because they can't be bothered. This really eats away at me, because if you said that you would attend an event, then you actually physically should, instead of deciding that on the day, you would rather snooze around at home instead. I get that you may just be really tired and need a day at home or something, but I think it's really irresponsible to let the organizer know about it at the time that you're supposed to be meeting, instead of maybe the night before or even just a few hours beforehand.
Another thing which really gets to me is people who don't attend birthday events because they can't be bothered. I understand when people can't make it to birthdays because sometimes they're a bit too expensive, or it's held at a late time and maybe you have a curfew, or maybe you're just not very close to the birthday person, or you have work; whatever. I can take those kinds of legit reasonable excuses. But honestly you wouldn't believe how many people have told me that they wouldn't be attending a birthday because they simply couldn't be bothered for whatever reason. Jesus, I hope I never find out about anyone who couldn't be bothered to come to my birthday party. I'd probably hold a grudge against them for a very long time.
Ahh now that I've had a good long rant, it's time for me to do some reading, then go to sleep. I'm working tomorrow - ahh, yet another hugely stressful thing in life. I really hope all of my customers are nice and patient tomorrow! PLEASE let there be no rude, ill-mannered, money-throwing, non-english speaking Indians, Arabs, Asians, or teens/kids tomorrow. Saying "please" and "thank you" really does make a difference in how I will treat you. When you say "Give me ____" or "I want ____", all I'm really thinking in my head is, 'Fuck you, go learn some manners and come back.'
No comments:
Post a Comment