Tuesday, February 22, 2011

IU - Cruel fairy tale ( 잔혹동화 )



I've discovered this new song by IU, and the lyricist stated that there are 5 fairytales hidden in the song. She revealed four of the fairytale names (Rapunzel, Hansel & Gretel, Cinderella and The Little Mermaid) and many netizens are speculating the final hidden fairytale to be Sleeping Beauty. Here's a quick breakdown of the key lines that many people believe are the references to each fairytale:

1. "By stepping on the tears I shed one by one" - Hansel And Gretel
2. "And when the clock rings 12, I’ll awake from my dreams" - Cinderella
3. "For this wait might just turn into seafoam" - The Little Mermaid
4. "When that door opens, once again the light will reach me" - Rapunzel
5. "When tonight comes to pass you will appear and wake me up" and "Because the road to finding me is perilous you must be having trouble" - Sleeping Beauty

IU's an idol that I've completely fallen for. Yes, I'm a girl, but this artist's voice might just be better than monkeybz (Youtube artists, aka Kevin). I've posted about him on my blog before, but here's his most watched video on youtube:



His favourite cover of mine was when he sung Hallelujah, but for some reason unknown to me he deleted it off his Youtube account =[

No comments:

Post a Comment